HOW TO ENTER
ENTRY PERIOD OPEN FROM JUNE 28-JULY 11, 2021. USERS MUST BE 18 (19 IN AL/NE, 21 IN MS) TO WIN. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. ONE GRAND PRIZE WINNER AND TWO RUNNER-UPS WILL BE NOTIFIED IN AUGUST.
FOLLOW @STARBUCKS UNTIL 8/31/21 TO QUALIFY
"DUET" WITH CHANCE ON THE STARBUCKS TIKTOK PAGE FOR A CHANCE TO WIN
INCLUDE THE HASHTAGS #MADEREADYDUET & #CONTEST
TWO RUNNER UP PRIZES
A PERSONALIZED VIDEO MESSAGE FROM CHANCE AND A MINI-FRIDGE STOCKED WITH A YEAR OF STARBUCKS® BOTTLED AND CANNED COFFEES TO KEEP YOU INSPIRED
ALL OF THE ABOVE PLUS A LIVE ONE-ON-ONE VIDEO MOMENT WITH CHANCE, WHERE HE’LL HYPE YOU UP FOR YOUR NEXT BIG MOMENT
*AWARDED AS $108 WORTH OF PRODUCT EACH MONTH FOR 12 MONTHS
200 VIDEOS WILL BE RANDOMLY SELECTED TO MOVE FORWARD TO THE JUDGING PERIOD.
© 2021 North American Coffee Partnership
Starbucks® #MadeReadyDuet TikTok Challenge Promotion Official Rules
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. Void where prohibited by law. Subject to all federal, state and local laws.
- Promotion Entry Period: The Starbucks® #MadeReadyDuet TikTok Challenge Promotion (the "Promotion") begins at 10:00 a.m ET on June 28, 2021 and ends at 11:59 p.m. ET on July 11, 2021 (the "Promotion Period"). The entire duration of the Promotion runs from June 28, 2021 until potential winners have been notified, verified and prizes have been awarded (“Entire Promotion Period”).
- Eligibility: Open only to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia who are 18 (19 in AL/NE, 21 in MS) years of age or older as of date of entry and who have their own free TikTok account (“Your TikTok Account”) with a public setting as of the date of entry and throughout the Entire Promotion Period (“Entrant”). Persons who at any time during the Entire Promotion Period are employees, officers or directors of Starbucks Corporation (the “Sponsor”), Don Jagoda Associates, Inc. (“Administrator”), Daniel J. Edelman, Inc., PepsiCo, Inc., The Pepsi-Cola Company and its bottlers, and each of their respective affiliates, parents, subsidiaries, divisions, suppliers, distributors and advertising, promotional and judging agencies (all such individuals and entities collectively referred to herein as the “Sponsor, Administrator and Related Parties”) and their immediate family members (defined as parents, siblings, spouses and children; whether biological, adopted, step or in-law) and/or those living in the same household (whether related or not) of each are not eligible to participate or win. Participation constitutes Entrant's full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and to Sponsor's and/or Administrator's decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Promotion. Winning a Prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein. Sponsor reserves the right to verify the eligibility of the winners.
- Sponsor/Administrator: The Sponsor is Starbucks Corporation, 2401 Utah Ave. S, Seattle, WA 98134. The Administrator is Don Jagoda Associates, 100 Marcus Drive, Melville, NY 11747.
- How to Enter: At the start of Promotion Period, @starbucks will post a video related to the Promotion (the “TikTok Promotion Video”) on the official Starbucks TikTok account (tiktok.com/starbucks) using the hashtag #MadeReadyDuet (“Post”). To enter, eligible Entrants must (i) follow @starbucks on TikTok; (ii) create an original TikTok video that is a split-screen “duet” showing the TikTok Promotion Video on one side and the Entrant enacting the Entrant’s “Made Ready Moment” and (iii) post the video on the Entrant’s TikTok account using the hashtags #MadeReadyDuet and #contest and otherwise complies with the “Entry Requirements” in Section 5 to receive one (1) entry (the “Entry”) into the random drawing, as described below. You must have a TikTok account. If you do not have a TikTok account, and you would like to create one for free, visit TikTok.com or download the free TikTok app to your mobile device at either the Apple® App Store or the Google® Play store. Limit one (1) Entry per Entrant throughout the Promotion Period.
- Entry Requirements, Representations and Warranties:
You acknowledge and agree to the following with respect to the Entry you submit: Receipt of Entries will not be acknowledged. Automated, script, macro or robotic Entries submitted by individuals will be disqualified. Incomplete, corrupted, or untimely entries are void and will be disqualified. Sponsor and its agencies are not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, damaged, stolen or misdirected entries; lost, interrupted, or unavailable network, server, or other connections; or miscommunications, computer or software malfunctions, telephone transmission problems, technical failures, garbled transmissions, damage to a user's computer equipment (software or hardware), or other errors or malfunctions of any kind, whether human, mechanical, electronic or otherwise. Proof of submission will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Sponsor. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of an Entrant, the authorized account holder of the email used to enter or associated with Entrant’s TikTok account will be deemed to be the Entrant. The "authorized account holder" is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, Internet service provider, or other organization (which may include an employer) responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Potential winners may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder. Entries specifying an invalid, non-working, or inactive email address will be disqualified and ineligible to win. Entrant’s social media profiles must be keeping with Sponsor’s image or Entrant may be disqualified. Normal time rates, data rates and other fees or charges, if any, charged by the Entrant’s Internet access, phone or mobile service provider will apply.
By submitting an Entry, each Entrant irrevocably grants to Sponsor and its parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates and advertising and promotion agencies, and the successors and assigns and licensees of each of the foregoing the right to use the Entrant’s name, likeness, voice, persona, biographical information and/or statements attributed to the Entrant and the Entrant’s Entry (including, without limitation, the video that is part of the Entry) and if applicable, any footage described below (collectively, “Personality Rights”), in whole or in part, in perpetuity, throughout the world, in all media and formats whether now or later known or developed, including without limitation via Sponsor’s and third-party websites and social media and digital channels, for advertising, trade, promotional and commercial purposes and any other purposes, without further notice or compensation, unless prohibited by law.
Any Entry not in compliance with the above and which does not meet the requirements of these Official Rules will be disqualified.
- Entry must only contain music from the TikTok Promotion Video.
- The Entrant should either be the only person who appears in the video or, if anyone other than the Entrant appears in the video (that person must be the age of majority in their jurisdiction of residence), the Entrant must obtain written permission from that person or those people to include them in the video, and if Sponsor asks to see the written permissions, the Entrant must provide them upon request (in the event an Entrant cannot provide permissions that are satisfactory to Sponsor, in its sole and absolute discretion, Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify the applicable Entry, or seek to secure the releases and clearances for Sponsor’s own benefit, or otherwise allow the applicable Entry to remain in Promotion).
- Entry must not contain, include, or encourage images or activities that are dangerous, unsafe, or present unreasonable risk of harm to person or property or include pranks or comedic content with negative intent on others.
- Entry must not contain illegal drugs or stimulants.
- The Entry, or portion thereof, must not contain obscene, profane, lewd, nudity, offensive language, defamatory, vulgarity or inappropriate content, or be disparaging to Sponsor, as determined in Sponsor’s sole discretion.
- Other than the TikTok Promotion Video (including any music contained in the TikTok Promotion Video), Entry must not, and you represent and warrant that it will not, violate or infringe any third-party copyright, trademark, trade dress, logos, or other proprietary right of any entity or person (living or deceased), including, but not limited to rights of privacy, publicity or portrayal in a false light.
- Entry must not make reference to any commercial/corporate advertising, including but not limited to corporate logos, brand names (other than Starbucks or PepsiCo), slogans, political, or religious statements, or be otherwise objectionable.
- Automatic disqualification if entry contains competitor products (i.e., any other coffee, tea, energy drink, or non-alcoholic beverage brand)
- Other than the TikTok Promotion Video, Entry must not include any representation or likeness of celebrities, athletes, musicians, or any other public or private figure (living or dead unless you have express permission), any commercial solicitation or promotional materials or last name, address, phone number, or URL address.
- Entry submission must be a Duet format that includes the TikTok Promotion Video, not just the hashtag.
- Entrants and all submitted Entries must be in keeping with the image or message of the Sponsor in its sole discretion, or Entry will be disqualified from the Promotion.
- Other than the TikTok Promotion Video (including any music contained in the TikTok Promotion Video), Entry must be your sole original work and may not have been submitted previously in a Promotion of any kind or previously exhibited or displayed publicly (i.e., disclosed beyond your immediate circle of friends and family) through any means.
- Other than the TikTok Promotion Video (including any music contained in the TikTok Promotion Video), You must own all rights to the video in the Entry and have the right to grant Sponsor a license to use the Entry (any material embodied in the Entry).
- Entry must not contain material that promotes bigotry, racism, hate speech, terrorism, bullying or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.
- Entry must not contain overtly sexual content.
- The Entry cannot defame, misrepresent or contain disparaging remarks about Sponsor and its Administrator or their products or other people, products or companies.
- Entry must not contain content that is known by you to be false, inaccurate or misleading.
- Random Drawing/Prize Winner Judging: On or about July 15, 2021, two hundred (200) Entries will be randomly selected from among all eligible Entries received throughout the Promotion Period. In the event there are fewer than two hundred (200) eligible Entries received, there will be no random drawing and all eligible Entries will proceed to the judging. Drawing will be conducted by the Administrator, an independent judging organization whose decisions are final and binding on all matters related to the random drawing, if applicable. The odds of being selected in the random drawing to be judged depend on the total number of eligible Entries received throughout the Promotion Period.
On or about August 2, 2021, the two hundred (200) Entries selected in the random drawing (or all eligible Entries) will be judged by a panel of Sponsor representatives (“Judges”), based on the following criteria:
- Originality/Creativity – 40% - How creative, original and interesting is the video submission?
- Quality – 30% - Is the video of good quality (i.e., good lighting, not pixelated, sound quality)?
- Appropriateness to the public image of the Sponsor – 30% - Does the video meet Starbucks brand mission and values? Does the video convey an optimistic and uplifting tone? Please see Starbucks Mission & Values Statement here: https://www.starbucks.com/about-us/company-information/mission-statement
The Entry that receives the highest scores from the Judges will be deemed the potential Grand Prize winner, subject to verification. The next two (2) Entries that receive the highest scores from the Judges will be deemed the potential First Prize winners, subject to verification. In the event of a tie, tied Entries will be re-judged by the Judges based 50% on Originality/Creativity and 50% on Quality. Sponsor/Judges’ decisions are final with respect to all matters relating to the judging. By participating, Entrants agree to the decisions of the Judges/Administrator, which shall be final and binding in all respects. No information regarding Entries, random drawing or judging will be disclosed to any third party not involved in the conduct of the Promotion.
- Winner Notification: Potential winners will be notified by direct message from @starbucks on TikTok using the TikTok account used to enter the Promotion and must follow the instructions provided within the direct message within forty-eight (48) hours of notification. The potential winners must then sign and return via DocuSign, a Declaration of Compliance, Liability & Publicity Release (where legal) and Assignment of Rights (collectively, “Declaration”). The Declaration must be completed, signed and return the Declaration via a method specified by Sponsor within seventy-two (72) hours after delivery of the Declaration to the winner. The “Released Parties” (as defined below) shall have no liability for any winner notification that is lost, intercepted or not received by a potential winner for any reason. If, despite reasonable efforts, a potential winner does not respond within the time period specified in the prize notification, or if the prize or prize notification is returned as unclaimed or undeliverable to such potential winner, or if Declaration is returned undeliverable, or in the event that potential winner is ineligible for any reason or has not complied with these Official Rules such potential winner will forfeit his or her prize and an alternate winner may be selected. If any potential winner is found to be ineligible, or if the potential winner has not complied with these Official Rules or declines a prize for any reason prior to award, such potential winner will be disqualified and an alternate winner may be determined.
- Prizes: There is one (1) Grand Prize available and there are two (2) runner up prizes available.
Grand Prize (1): The Grand Prize consists of the following elements:
- One (1) meet and greet via one on one live video moment (captured on a private video conference line) with Chance the Rapper for no more than fifteen (15) minutes on a Sponsor selected date and time in August, 2021 (“Video Conference”)
- One (1) personalized video message from Chance the Rapper; and
- One (1) Sponsor-selected mini-fridge and one (1) year of Starbucks single-serve ready-to-drink products (awarded as $108 worth of products each month for 12 months).
The total approximate retail value (“ARV”) of the Grand Prize is $1,666.
Runner Up Prize (2): Each Runner Up Prize consists of:
- One (1) Sponsor-selected mini-fridge and one (1) year of Starbucks single-serve ready-to-drink products (awarded as $108 worth of products each month for 12 months); and
- One (1) personalized video message from Chance the Rapper.
The ARV of each Runner Up Prize is: $1,666.
No more than advertised number of prizes will be awarded. Prizes will be delivered only to addresses in the 50 United States and the District of Columbia. No transfer, assignment, or substitution for any prize will be permitted, except at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. In the event the Video Conference is unable to take place for any reason, or if Chance the Rapper is unavailable, that portion of the Grand Prize will not be awarded and no additional compensation will be provided. All details including day/time for scheduling of Video Conference are in Sponsor’s and Chance the Rapper’s sole discretion and must occur on date/time specified or that portion of the prize will be forfeited. Sponsor/Chance the Rapper reserves the right to record the Video Conference and use that footage in any way they see fit.
Any and all applicable federal, state, and local taxes and all fees and expenses related to acceptance and use of Grand Prize not specifically stated herein are the sole responsibility of the prize winner. Grand and Runner Up Prize winners will be issued a 1099 tax form for the actual value of the prize.
The depiction of the prizes in any advertising or promotional materials may not reflect the actual prize the winner will receive. Neither Sponsor shall have any responsibility or liability whatsoever for any property loss, damage, personal injury, or death, in connection with the prize provided pursuant to the Promotion and/or any Entrant’s participation in the Promotion.
- General Conditions: Sponsor has the right, in its discretion, to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Promotion, or any part of it, to modify these Official Rules immaterially and to change any of the dates and/or times indicated in these Official Rules, at any time in its discretion, including without limitation in the event of any changes to the terms applicable to the use of any social channel, government shutdowns or in connection with any fraud, technical failure or problem or occurrence that in Sponsor's judgment impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Promotion or prevents the Promotion from being conducted as planned, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. In the event of cancellation or early termination of the Promotion, the random drawing (if applicable) will be conducted from all eligible Entries received prior to cancelation and Prize winners will be determined based on judging in accordance with the procedures set forth in these Official Rules. Sponsor's or Administrator's failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
WARNING: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE ASSOCIATED WITH THIS PROMOTION OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE PROMOTION MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAW, AND, SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO PROSECUTE AND SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be attempting to tamper with or undermine the entry process, and/or the legitimate operation of the Promotion; to violate the Official Rules; or to act in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner or with the intent to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any other person.
Sponsor, in its sole discretion, will determine the validity of each Entry. If Sponsor determines or believes that any Entry is fraudulent, illegitimate or invalid, or that any Entrant has failed to comply with or has violated any provision of these Official Rules, Sponsor will have the right in its discretion to disqualify any affected Entrant and/or to void any suspect or affected Entries. These Official Rules may not be reprinted or republished in any way without the prior written consent of Sponsor. In the event of any conflict between these Official Rules and any Promotion information provided elsewhere (including, without limitation, in advertising or marketing materials), these Official Rules shall prevail.
- Rights In Submissions: For good and valuable consideration, the receipt and legal sufficiency of which is hereby acknowledged, each winner hereby irrevocably grants to the Sponsor, Administrator and Related Parties, and their successors, licensees and assigns, a non-exclusive license (but not the obligation) to reproduce, publicly perform, publicly display, stream, exploit, make derivative works of and otherwise use the Entry, in whole or in part, for any purpose, including without limitation commercial purposes, in any and all media now or hereafter devised throughout the universe in perpetuity. The Sponsor, Administrator and Related Parties shall have the right, in their sole discretion, to edit, composite, morph, scan, duplicate, or alter the Entry for any purpose which the Sponsor, Administrator and Related Parties deem necessary or desirable, and each winner irrevocably waives any and all so-called “moral rights” they may have therein. The Sponsor, Administrator and Related Parties shall retain the rights granted in each Entry even if the Submission is disqualified or fails to meet the Entry Requirements or even if it determined that the entrant who made the Entry is ineligible to enter the Promotion.
- Representations and Warranties/Indemnification: Each Entrant represents and warrants as follows: (i) the Entry does not and will not violate or infringe upon the intellectual property rights or other rights of any other person or entity; (ii) the Entry meets the Entry Requirements, and does not and will not violate any applicable laws, and is not and will not be defamatory or libelous. Each winner agrees to indemnify the Sponsor, Administrator and Related Parties and hold them harmless from and against any and all third party claims, liability, judgments, losses, damages, costs, and expenses, including penalties, interest and reasonable outside attorney’s fees and costs in the defense and disposition of such matters arising out of, resulting from, based upon or incurred because of a breach or allegation that, if true, would constitute a breach by winner of his or her representations, warranties, covenants or obligations hereunder, including, without limitation, any action or statement made by Entrant while participating in the Promotion.
- Nature Of Relationship/Waiver Of Equitable Relief: Each Entrant hereby acknowledges and agrees that the relationship between the Entrant and the Sponsor, Administrator and Related Parties is not a confidential, fiduciary, or other special relationship, and that the Entrant’s decision to provide the Entrant’s Entry (if applicable) to Sponsor for purposes of the Promotion does not place the Sponsor, Administrator and Related Parties in a position that is any different from the position held by members of the general public with regard to elements of the Entrant’s Entry. Each Entrant understands and acknowledges that the Sponsor, Administrator and Related Parties have wide access to ideas, stories, designs, and other literary materials, and that new ideas are constantly being submitted to the Sponsor, Administrator and Related Parties or being developed by their own employees. Each Entrant also acknowledges that many ideas may be competitive with, similar or identical to the Entry and/or each other in theme, idea, plot, format or other respects. Each Entrant acknowledges and agrees that such Entrant will not be entitled to any compensation as a result of any Sponsor, Administrator and Related Parties’ use of any such similar or identical material. Each Entrant acknowledges and agrees that the Sponsor, Administrator and Related Parties do not now and shall not have in the future any duty or liability, direct or indirect, vicarious, contributory, or otherwise, with respect to the infringement or protection of the copyright in and to the Entry. Finally, each Entrant acknowledges that, with respect to any claim by Entrant relating to or arising out of a Sponsor, Administrator and Related Parties’ actual or alleged exploitation or use of any Entry or other material submitted in connection with the Promotion, the damage, if any, thereby caused to the applicable Entrant will not be irreparable or otherwise sufficient to entitle such entrant to seek injunctive or other equitable relief and entrant’s rights and remedies in any such event shall be strictly limited to the right to recover damages, if any, in an action at law.
- No Obligation To Use: The Sponsor, Administrator and Related Parties shall have no obligation (express or implied) to use any Entry, or to otherwise exploit any Entry or, if commenced, to continue the distribution or exploitation thereof, and the Sponsor, Administrator and Related Parties may at any time abandon the use of the Entry for any reason, with or without legal justification or excuse, and entrants shall not be entitled to any damages or other relief by reason thereof.
- Dates & Deadlines/Anticipated Number Of Contestants: Because of the unique nature and scope of the Promotion, Sponsor reserves the right, in addition to those other rights reserved herein, to modify any date(s) or deadline(s) set forth in these Official Rules or otherwise governing the Promotion. Sponsor cannot accurately predict the number of Entrants who will participate in the Promotion.
- Further Documentation: If Sponsor shall desire to secure additional assignments, certificates of engagement for the Entry or other documents as Sponsor may reasonably require in order to effectuate the purposes and intents of these Official Rules, then each Entrant agrees to sign the same upon Sponsor’s request therefor.
- Release and Limitations of Liability: All Entrants, as a condition of entry into the Promotion, agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor, Administrator and Related Parties, TikTok, each of their respective agencies, parents, subsidiaries, affiliates and each of their respective officers, directors, shareholders, members, employees, agents, assigns, and all others associated with the development and execution of the Promotion (collectively the “Released Parties”) from and against any and all liability, claims or actions of any kind whatsoever for injuries, damages, or losses to persons or property which may be sustained in connection with submitting an Entry or otherwise participating in any aspect of the Promotion, the receipt, ownership or use or misuse of any prize awarded or any typographical or other error in these Official Rules or the announcement or offering of the Prizes. Winners assume all liability for any injury or damage caused, or claimed to be caused by participation in the Promotion or use or misuse or redemption of Prize. Acceptance of a Prize constitutes permission to use winners’ names, likenesses, TikTok handles, Entry for promotional purposes (including any possible public relations opportunities) without further compensation except where prohibited by law. By entering, Entrant accepts and agrees to be bound by these Official Rules. Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual that tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Promotion; violates the Official Rules; acts in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner; or acts with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. The Released Parties are not responsible for technical, hardware or software malfunctions, telephone failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incorrect, inaccurate, incomplete, garbled or delayed electronic communications, whether caused by the sender, by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Promotion which may limit the ability to participate, or by any human error which may occur in the processing of the Entries in the Promotion. Entries generated by script or bot are not eligible. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, terminate or modify the Promotion (each a “Promotion Change”) if no entries are received during the Promotion Entry Period or if the Promotion cannot be completed as planned for any reason, including but not limited to an unforeseen event (“Unforeseen Event”) beyond its control, including but not limited to fire, flood, earthquake, windstorm, epidemic, pandemic, public health crisis, disease, virus, sickness or outbreak or other similar or dissimilar natural disaster; act of God or public enemy; riot or civil disturbance, act of any government or governmental authority, power failure, satellite or equipment failure, failure of telecommunications lines or failure or breakdown of plant, machinery or vehicles operated by a third party; labor dispute, strike, or lockout; actual or threat of war, armed conflict, terrorist attacks, war (declared, undeclared or threatened), explosion, nuclear, or chemical or biological contamination; or a government imposed travel ban, restriction on movement or gatherings, or other government imposed mandate of any kind, order of any court or jurisdiction, or other cause not reasonably within Sponsor’s control. In such event, Sponsor may (a) cancel the Promotion entirely, (b) award the Prizes from eligible Entries received prior to the Unforeseen Event resulting in the Promotion Change if sufficient eligible Entries have been received (as determined in Sponsor’s sole discretion), or (c) extend the Promotion Entry Period to allow time for more eligible Entries to be received. It is understood that an Unforeseen Event must take place for the Sweepstake Change to be effectuated by Sponsor and that such Promotion Change is not simply at Sponsor’s option for any reason.
WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, EVERYTHING REGARDING THIS PROMOTION, INCLUDING THE PRIZES, ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY. CHECK LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS.
- Governing Law/Jurisdiction: ALL ISSUES AND QUESTIONS CONCERNING THE CONSTRUCTION, VALIDITY, INTERPRETATION AND ENFORCEABILITY OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES OR THE RIGHTS AND OBLIGATIONS OF ENTRANTS OR SPONSOR IN CONNECTION WITH THE CONTEST SHALL BE GOVERNED BY AND CONSTRUED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE INTERNAL LAWS OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON WITHOUT GIVING EFFECT TO ANY CHOICE OF LAW OF CONFLICT OF LAW RULES OR PROVISIONS THAT WOULD CAUSE THE APPLICATION OF ANY OTHER STATE’S LAWS.
- Arbitration Provision: By participating in this Promotion, each Entrant agrees: (i) that any and all disputes the Entrant may have with, or claims Entrant may have against, the Released Parties relating to, arising out of or connected in any way with (a) the Promotion, and/or (b) the determination of the scope or applicability of this agreement to arbitrate, will be resolved exclusively by final and binding arbitration administered by JAMS and conducted before a sole arbitrator in accordance with the rules of JAMS; (ii) this arbitration agreement is made pursuant to a transaction involving interstate commerce, and shall be governed by the Federal Arbitration Act (“FAA”), 9 U.S.C. §§ 1-16; (iii) the arbitration shall be held in Washington; (iv) the arbitrator’s decision shall be controlled by the terms and conditions of these Terms and Conditions and any of the other agreements referenced herein that the applicable participant may have entered into in connection with the Activation; (v) the arbitrator shall apply Washington law consistent with the FAA and applicable statutes of limitations, and shall honor claims of privilege recognized at law; (vi) there shall be no authority for any claims to be arbitrated on a class or representative basis, arbitration can decide only Entrant’s and/or Sponsor’s individual claims; the arbitrator may not consolidate or join the claims of other persons or parties who may be similarly situated; (vii) the arbitrator shall not have the power to award punitive damages against the Entrant or Sponsor; (viii) if the Entrant is able to demonstrate that the costs of arbitration will be prohibitive as compared to the costs of litigation, Sponsor will pay as much of Entrant’s filing and hearing fees in connection with the arbitration as the arbitrator deems necessary to prevent the arbitration from being cost-prohibitive; and (x) with the exception of subpart (vi) above, if any part of this arbitration provision is deemed to be invalid, unenforceable or illegal, or otherwise conflicts with the rules of JAMS, then the balance of this arbitration provision shall remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with its terms as if the invalid, unenforceable, illegal or conflicting provision were not contained herein. If, however, subpart (vi) is found to be invalid, unenforceable or illegal, then the entirety of this arbitration provision shall be null and void, and neither Entrant nor Sponsor shall be entitled to arbitrate their dispute. For more information on JAMS and/or the rules of JAMS, visit their website at www.jamsadr.com
- Official Rules and Prize Winners: Official Rules and Winners List: For a copy of the Official Rules, visit www.StarbucksMadeReady.com. For a list of winners available for ninety (90) days after July 30, 2021, send an email to: Winners@dja.com with WINNERS & 18-2249-36 as the subject line. Winners List will be sent after all prizes have been awarded.